Rattle/Vibration Noise w/ Air Conditioner running

Discussion in 'Hyundai Santa Fe' started by lwalker58, Jun 21, 2020.

1. lwalker58

lwalker58

Hi,

I have a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport with a little over 140,000 miles. Recently I've noticed a rattle/vibration sound when I step on the gas pedal with the air conditioning running. For example, I have the AC running and I'm sitting still at a traffic light. When I initially press the gas pedal to take off, the engine or something makes a rattle/vibration noise for a short time but once I'm up to speed it's fine. Seems to be when there is an initial load on the engine, then it's fine.

I've had it in to a local mechanic as well as a Hyundai dealer. They both tell me that there is nothing wrong with the AC, the Compressor, the Pulley, or the engine. They also tell me this is a known issue with Hyundai but there is no cause for alarm.

Has anyone else with a Santa Fe about the same age and with the same number of miles experienced this issue, and if so was something repaired to solve the issue?

Thanks
    Lawrin Walker

lwalker58, Jun 21, 2020
Ask a Question