Towing an 07 Santa Fe (AWD)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 07SantaFe, Jun 10, 2018.

1. 07SantaFe

07SantaFe

Hi all.

This question is a little time sensitive so hopefully you guys can help me out.

I live in Alabama and I am going away in a few days. While I’m gone, my wife is going to Pennsylvania. Right now, the plan is that her and the kids are riding in my father in laws truck and towing our Santa Fe. For financial reasons and so that she doesn’t have to make the 14 hour car ride with three children by herself, that’s the plan we came up with.

To save some money we’d like to use a car dolly to tow it. The Santa Fe having the optional AWD, I was going to drop the rear driveshaft to avoid any undue stress on the drive train. I will be going to PA as well but not for a couple weeks.

My question is, Can she drive it with the rear driveshaft out until I get up there and put it back in?

07SantaFe, Jun 10, 2018
  2. 07SantaFe

avisitor

I would assume it is possible to drive the vehicle without the rear driveshaft.
    But, I was wondering why not put the whole vehicle up on a trailer
    And tow it that way? That way you wouldn't have to anything to the vehicle.

It going to be tough towing another vehicle.
    Personally, I wouldn't want to do it.

avisitor, Jun 11, 2018
Ask a Question