Transmission

Discussion in 'Hyundai Tucson' started by biospawn, Sep 25, 2022.

1. biospawn

biospawn

2016 Tucson 1.6LT jumps/jerks at cold start. Once warmed up rides fine, anyone else have same issue.

biospawn, Sep 25, 2022
  2. biospawn

biospawn

biospawn, Sep 26, 2022
  3. biospawn

wonderwall_85

Does it happen when you put the car in drive from P or happens when it just starts?
    If its the former one then very common initial sign of transmission wearing out. do you change your trans fluid? if yes then at what intervals and when was the last time you did?

wonderwall_85, Oct 25, 2022
  4. biospawn

biospawn

It happens from P to D and feels like a manual transmission when you release your foot too soon and bucks. only happens once in the morning and the fluid was just changed. Took it to Stamford Hyundai and they said they relearned the transmission but still happens but again only once and then its fine. This is the dual tranny 1.6LT

biospawn, Jan 6, 2023
  5. biospawn

wonderwall_85

How much KMs have you done since the relearn? and did you drain all the fluid or did you do a flush?If you dont do anything about it this could damage your Transmission.
    Do you park on a slope?
    I would suggest to add lucas trans fix.
    I had the same problem. I did not do the flush but changed the fluid 3-4 times. not the complete fluid but removed 2-3 liters each cycle, added lucas trans fix as well. now its all good.

wonderwall_85, Jan 10, 2023
  6. biospawn

biospawn

I put less than 250 mi since the relearn. Had transmission fluid changed just prior to the relearn. I don't park on a slope. Going to Hyundai end of the month for another evaluation. How long does the relearn take to feel a difference.

biospawn, Jan 12, 2023
  7. biospawn

wonderwall_85

Relearn has nothing to do with moving from P to D. Its with gear changes when the car is driving.
    I would say to change the fluids couple of times, easiest thing is to add the Lucas Trans fluid. not expecting anything from the dealer ship.
    Also have you checked the cable which goes from the gear stick to the gear changing mechanism?
    Do you have a code reader?

wonderwall_85, Jan 15, 2023
Ask a Question