Tucson 2022 Android Auto & Media

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Gassy Tail Pipe, Apr 11, 2023.

1. Gassy Tail Pipe

Gassy Tail Pipe

I've got a Tucson 2022 plug-in hybrid. Android Auto and Media was working fine until a recent update on my Samsung phone to Android 13.

Now it won't play any Media from my phone. It's like it's stuck trying to retrieve any of the songs. First, I got a message saying " The app on the connected device did not allow playlist download." I read another user had this issue.

I enabled wifi along with my already enabled Bluetooth. Now it just says Name of my phone and Provided but nothing plays.

I then created a new user profile in the car, let the phone get synced up, & still same issue of no Media playing even though it says it's playing. I can manually play a song on my phone and it only plays that one song thru the car speakers. It doesn't automatically go to the next song and play it.

Any ideas? Should I try using a specific Android Auto Media app for music in my car, via my phone? Any help is appreciated.

The songs were originally copied over from my Win 11 pc to the music folder on my phone.

Gassy Tail Pipe, Apr 11, 2023
  2. Gassy Tail Pipe

Gassy Tail Pipe

Looks like my YouTube app needed another update. Then I could 1) connect the phone to my USB car charger cable, 2) open YouTube app on Android Auto, 3) Search for Offline Downloaded songs and play them. More cumbersome than before but at least it still works.

Obviously, it's best to start playing Music and hit pause while car is still in Park vs. Trying to do all those steps while driving. Too dangerous. I can try voice commands later. Perhaps "Play Android Auto YouTube music" will work. Or "Play YouTube Music". And looks like car usb charger cable always needs to be connected from car to phone, so it will play properly over speakers.

Gassy Tail Pipe, Apr 16, 2023
Ask a Question