windows automatically roll down at night--2022 Tucson Hybrid

Discussion in 'Hyundai Tucson' started by TigerMO, May 6, 2022.

1. TigerMO

TigerMO

I am continuing to experience an odd phenomena. Overnight, while my key fob is safely laying on my dresser, all four doors lock and both front windows roll down. A service tech suggested Bluelink was doing this. I'd ask, where do you find a command to roll down the windows? Not to mention that nobody is touching the key fob overnight.

The dealership reprogrammed my key fob, since that had solve another owner's weird electrical issues. After last night, I learned that didn't solve the problem.

Anyone else experience this?

TigerMO, May 6, 2022
  2. TigerMO

Blz4now34

Blz4now34, Jan 17, 2023
  3. TigerMO

Blz4now34

My 2022 has been doing the same both front windows are all the way down in the morning, I thought I was going crazy or sleep driving

Blz4now34, Jan 17, 2023
  4. TigerMO

Swill

My wife's 2022 phev tuscon has done the same thing twice now as well. Last night it rained and her seats were soaked in the morning. She blamed my sleepwalking the first time Has anyone found a way to disable that feature or fix it?

Swill, Aug 31, 2023
  5. TigerMO

TigerMO

I’m glad I’m not the only one experiencing this problem, but there has been no fix as far as I know. It’s still happening for me periodically. Have all of you reported this to your dealer?

TigerMO, Aug 31, 2023
  6. TigerMO

Swill

We haven't spoken to anyone yet. The first time it happened, we both thought the other person did it, but this time, I thought it was too weird to happen again, so I investigated and found your thread. I'll get her to ask the dealership to look into it. If I hear anything, I'll let you know. It's definitely not a convenient glitch to have parking outdoor

Swill, Aug 31, 2023
  7. TigerMO

Swill

My wife went to the dealership and they are going to try replacing the power window motors in the front. Not sure if they know that will fix it or if they're just trying something and hope it works

Swill, Sep 19, 2023
  8. TigerMO

TigerMO

I think it's time for TUCSON OWNERS' ACTION! Today my Tucson was seen by Debbie Dorfman-Yoder, who is the District Service and Parts Manager for our area. She had no answers or suggestions. I did find out one interesting note. It's possible to reproduce the problem by holding down the lock button on the key fob for about 5-10 seconds, at which time the front windows will both roll all the way down. Release the button and wait. After about another 5-10 seconds, the car will automatically lock all doors. This combination is exactly what's happening to my Tucson without the lock button ever getting pushed. THE IMPORTANT QUESTION I ASKED NEXT WAS, WHY WOULD ANYBODY EVER WANT TO DO THAT? My service tech did not have a definitive answer, but he guessed that maybe somebody would want to roll down their windows remotely on a hot day to air out the car. I'm going to write to anybody I can find at Toyota corporate offices and suggest that that feature be removed from the actions programmed into the key fob. If there is no programmed way to make this occur, MAYBE that might keep my Tucson from doing it ever again. I'd encourage everyone who is experiencing this problem to 1) make sure your dealer is aware of it (because my dealer says there's no documentation that this is a problem that anybody is having) and 2) also contact upper management at Tucson to ask for the action I suggested above. DISABLE THE ROLL DOWN WINDOWS & LOCK ACTION ON THE KEY FOB. It serves little, if any, purpose.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
    TigerMO, Oct 3, 2023
Ask a Question