Windshield Washers not effective

Discussion in 'Hyundai Elantra / Lantra' started by Brian Johnston, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Brian Johnston

Brian Johnston

My 2016 Elantra Sport is my work vehicle and I am on the road in the winter salt every day. The washer nozzles are not adjustable. I have to stop off the highway and run the washers when the car isn't moving to get washer fluid on the windshield high enough to do any good. The odd wiper configuration doesn't help, but this large sheet of glass needs (a) more nozzles; (b) adjustable nozzles; or (c) sprayers attached to the wiper arms to clear road filth properly. Judging from older comments dating back to the release of this Elantra body type this problem has existed since day one. Why hasn't someone in the design department come up with a fix? What can I do? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Brian Johnston, Feb 7, 2016
  2. Brian Johnston

CARiD

That's true, but unfortunately there is not common way to fix this problem except for fabricating a custom nozzle. I also suggest you to change the wiper blades more often because they also turn bad very fast in winter, that's why you have a dirty windshield.

CARiD, Feb 16, 2016
  3. Brian Johnston

Brian Johnston

The wiper blades are brand new and top of the line. I also use Rain-X washer fluid. It seems to me that Hyundai should have found a fix for this long ago. I am disappointed. This is my second Hyundai - the first was a Sonata. I own a Jeep Wrangler and the washers flood the windshield from corner to corner with one squirt. Admittedly the windshield is smaller, but, hey... this is the new century...I would think a junior design guy at Hyundai could solve this in a morning.

Brian Johnston, Feb 16, 2016
  4. Brian Johnston

CARiD

Yeah I was actually going to mention the Rain-X washer fluid, it performs really well. Looks like there is no solution for that problem, unless maybe trying longer heavy duty wipers. These may work as an option.
    Thumbs up on the Wrangler, I am a big fan of these vehicles, we even made a corporate build project on a base of a 4 door JK few years ago.

CARiD, Feb 17, 2016
  5. Brian Johnston

Brian Johnston

The Trico Force wipers are nice units, but the problem is the washer fluid isn't getting to the middle section of the windshield. A third nozzle mounted between the existing two may be the answer. I will come up with a modification once the warmer weather is here. I never thought of trying the wipers and washers on a car before I purchased it...but will do so in the future. It would have been a deal breaker on this Elantra for me. I spend too much time on the salt soaked winter roads to put up with this situation.

Brian Johnston, Feb 17, 2016
Ask a Question