2004 Elantra GT - How accurate is the trip meter (MPG)?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Elantra / Lantra' started by Ohaya, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Ohaya

Neil Guest

I bought the GT yesterday. Silver, 5-door hatch w/ moon roof. I'll report
    my findings as time goes on, but right now completely happy with the car and
    the deal I got. :)

Neil.

Neil, Jan 20, 2004
  2. Ohaya

The Steven Guest

I bought the GT yesterday. Silver, 5-door hatch w/ moon roof. I'll
    Here's to many happy miles!
    Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down.

--

S.

Don't fight with Idiots.
    They will overwhelm you with their numbers and beat you with their
    experience.

The Steven, Jan 21, 2004
  3. Ohaya

news group Guest

Unhappy with mileage?? Jion the club same here average 20mpg .. 20% below
    sticker

news group, Jan 22, 2004
  4. Ohaya

news group Guest

WE're lucky to get 20/21 city

news group, Jan 30, 2004
  5. Ohaya

Ohaya Guest

Hi,

I thought I'd post back to an old thread.

The MPG on our Elantra GT (now at 500+ miles) has been slowly creeping up.
    It stayed at 23.1 for awhile, and just in the last 2 days, has crept up to
    23.2 :). A kind of 50/50 mix between city and highway driving.

Hopefully, this'll continue for awhile...

Ohaya, Feb 5, 2004
  6. Ohaya

access dude Guest

I know exactly what your talking about, my wife and I have the same issue on our GLS 4-dr -- 2004 model purchased Oct. 2003. We noticed the issue when we were looking at the elantras, and it happened on all of the '04 models we tested. Of course, we thought our car's light could be 'fixed' after we took delivery. Well, here it is almost 4 months later that the passenger airbag occupancy sensor light is still malfunctioning. My wife weighs 120 as well. Our Hyundai dealer was sent some airbag "fix" kit from Hyundai to make our light work as it should; and 4 weeks ago in January; and at the time, that "fix did the trick. But, in the last week and a half, their "fix" is to no avail as the light is randomly going on and off again. Two days ago, I took the car to the dealer (again) to tell them the news, and they in turn were going to call Hyundai Engineering, then call me back. Well, no call yet, and I suspect not anytime soon. Are they stumped? Well, I'd say not exactly, as this problem is very much the same as a recall for 75 2003 Elantras sold to Enterprise Rent-a-Car. Do a search on the web for an Elantra Airbag Recall and you'll find it, which was back in August. One website had the description of the problem, which is the same that you and I are having. Just today, I also found the exact same complaint in an Edmunds.com Elantra review posted this January. This is more than an isolated case here and there, I'm guessing. So, when is Hyundai going to opt for a recall or TSB for a fix? My guess is not until they have enough complaints about this, and until they can figure out what to do. This is a safety issue in my mind, and back in December I called Hyundai in Fountain Valley, CA, and told them about it. They contacted their Southeastern Regional Service Advisor who also contacted me, who said they were looking into it and working on a solution for our vehicle. Bottom line, it's not resloved yet, the owner's manual about 56.4 pounds cutt-off limit is incorrect for the seat sensor. Unlike you where you had the car switched out, we had a seat switched out, which didn't work either. And as well, my wife and I drove 4 other elantras from the dealer, even with the service mgr in the car, and the problem replicated itself in all 4 instances. We love this car otherwise, but this airbag sensor light is beginning to change my opinion about this car!

access dude, Feb 11, 2004
  7. Ohaya

theta00k Guest

Wha is this kit?? Could you please look up the copy the repair order and tell
    me the part number?

theta00k, Feb 29, 2004
Ask a Question