Tachometer drops to zero RPM, traction control light comes on, and acceleration almost non-existant

Discussion in 'Hyundai Sonata' started by FiveOhGT, Oct 10, 2020.

1. FiveOhGT

S-petersen

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    S-petersen, May 4, 2022
  2. FiveOhGT

Ridge68

Had same issue replaced with Auto Zone Duralast sensor. All indicators turned off and money light reset on first start. So far 500+ miles and no reoccurence of issue.

Ridge68, Jul 9, 2023
  3. FiveOhGT

Ocular Patdown

Just in case anyone else is running into this issue:

TL;DR of below: Replaced the crankshaft position censor and camshaft censor and the issue was resolved.

I had the exact same symptoms with my 2018 Hyundai Elantra. (FIX THIS, HYUNDAI!!!!!) It was very hard to diagnose for the reason you stated. The first mechanic couldn't replicate it. The second could, but they didn't get a check engine light (it only happens sometimes) and therefore weren't seeing the relevant diagnostic codes. They tried again when the check engine light was showing. They replaced the crankshaft position sensor and a camshaft sensor, and it completely fixed the problem. Maybe only replacing the crankshaft censor would have done the trick, but we went with both since we got error codes for both.

If you can't find anyone who can replicate the issue or get a proper diagnosis, I would recommend just telling them to at least start by replacing the crankshaft position censor.

Ocular Patdown, Aug 28, 2023
Ask a Question